Best Hair Growth Supplements
Healthy looking hair is a visual indicator of one’s health and vitality. To obtain hair, that is thick and healthy, some metabolic requirements of the follicle cells should be met. The body needs a supply of essential vitamins and nutrients which can then be carried along with oxygen in the blood to nourish the scalp and hair follicles. So few of us can consume the necessary hair vitamins due to inadequate dietary consumption, thus acquiring these from a scientifically formulated hair growth supplement is recommended.
Our hair growth supplements are designed to support successful regrowth
The Hair by Science hair growth supplements are scientifically formulated to provide a rich supply of essential vitamins and minerals that nourish and support successful hair regrowth. Actively promoting cellular growth and hair regeneration from the inside out, it makes sense to ensure nutrients are addressed first and foremost. Afterall in the case of many ailments, food and nutritional supplementation is underrated for its medicinal prowess. Hair loss should be seen as the eye opener to the state of one’s inner health. Hair growth supplements are designed to rectify dietary deficiencies delivering the internal environment, the scalp and hair follicles to a regenerative growth promoting status.
Our hair growth supplements have been designed to nourish the scalp and hair follicle, delivering nourishing benefits that enable successful hair regrowth.
The benefits of Niacin
- Niacin, also known as nicotinic acid or vitamin B3
- Water-soluble vitamin
- Niacin is a natural vasodilator which may improve circulation to the scalp and hair follicle
- Niacin may play a critical role is played in energy metabolism
- Specialises in DNA repair
- Must be supplemented along with other B vitamins
- Benefits the vascular and circulatory system
- A deficiency in Vitamin B3 deficiency has been shown to cause hair loss
The benefits of Vitamin D3
- In animal studies it was found that vitamin D3 plays a role in the regulation of the hair growth cycle and may help stimulation the growth of hair
- Vitamin D3 is a nutrient needed for proper function of the thyroid gland
The benefits of Manganese
- May be required for biotin and zinc metabolism.
- Manganese is a nutrient needed in the production of manganese-superoxide dismutase, which has a purpose of protecting the body against free radical damage and the thinning of hair
- Manganese may be required in order to synthesize fatty acids and proteins.
The benefits of Sodium Selenate
- Sodium Selenate is also known as Selenium
- Sodium Selenate is a prerequisite for iodine metabolism.
- Scientists have discovered that selenium is required for the body to produce selenoproteins. Selenoproteins contain selenium as an amino acid.
- Sodium Selenite (Selenium) is an antioxidant and an essential trace mineral.
- Selenium works with Vitamin E to eradicate free radicals and stabilise unpaired electrons.
- A selenium deficiency may result in hair loss
- Selenium is an important nutrient needed for thyroid and immune system function
The benefits of Pyridoxine
- Pyridoxine also referred to as Vitamin B6
- It may activate the enzymes and chemical reactions necessary for the metabolism of the hair proteins, keratin and melanin, in the hair follicles.
- A component of vitamin B6, named Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate (PLP), has the potential to mediate testosterone and oestrogen function.
- Vitamin B6 may help stop the formation of DHT by binding to the testosterone receptors.
- Vitamin B6 may also improve the flow of oxygenated blood to the scalp and hair follicle, resulting in improved hair growth due to increased delivery of oxygen and nutrients.
- Plays a role in estrogen metabolism, which may prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Vitamin B6 deficiency potentially increases sensitivity of follicle cells and hormones. It is theorised that a vitamin B6 deficiency could increase the effects of DHT thereby promoting hair loss
The benefits of Zinc
- Zinc may be a potent inhibitor of hair follicle regression
- Zinc has also been known to accelerate hair follicle recovery.
- Zinc may be a prerequisite for DNA and RNA production
- Zinc may potentially stabilise cell membrane structures assisting in the breakdown and elimination of superoxide radicals.
- Zinc dietary consumption is usually relatively low therefore supplementation is of great importance.
- A deficiency in Zinc has been shown to affect normal hair follicle cell division and hair growth
- May prevent conversion of testosterone to DHT
- A deficiency in zinc correlates with the development of hypothyroidism and a resulting hair loss
The benefits of Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
- Pantothenic acid, or vitamin B5, is an essential part of a healthy diet.
- A deficiency of pantothenic acid may potentially harm hair follicles, weakening them resulting in loss
- Pantothenic acid is often supplemented alongside the B vitamin
- Keeping ones pantothenic acid levels in balance can strengthen hair follicles and their cells.
- Contributes to the nourishment of hair follicles, helping them to function properly
- Pantothenic acid may relieve the skin itching and flaking associated with dandruff
- Ridding your scalp of dead skin will keep your follicles clear of debris and encourage new growth.
- Needed for fatty acid and protein metabolism
- Required for endothelial functioning.
The benefits of Folic Acid
- Folic acid, aka folate or vitamin B9
- Folic acid is one of the B vitamin-complex
- Folic acid may become bioactive as it becomes metabolised by the liver.
- The liver converts folic acid into dihydrofolic acid.
- Folic acid is water-soluble. (The body can’t store or create Folate. Thus it must be consumed in diet or supplemented)
- Folic acid may play a role in the creation, coding and repair of DNA and proteins
- Folic acid may also be required for the synthesis of new cells and tissues.
FOLIC ACID DEFICIENCY MAY BE LINKED TO HAIR LOSS
When there is a deficiency of folic acid in the body, this has the potential to cause modifications in the structure of red blood cells. This change has been theorised to disable them from transporting an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the body. It is proposed that this may cause hair loss, because, in order to shuttle the level of nutrients and oxygen necessary to produce ATP within the cells of the scalp, these cells need to be healthy. ATP may play a major role in cell growth as it shuttles chemical energy around the cells. When oxygen and nutrients levels are low, the cells will require an alternative source of energy to produce ATP. This has the potential to result in excess testosterone, which in turn gets converted into DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is a major contributor to androgen-related hair loss. When there are low levels of folic acid in the body, the result is a decline in some cellular processes including that of cell division. New hair follicles, therefore, do not develop at a pace that can keep up with the replacement of broken hairs or those that have fallen out. When there is a chronic deficiency of folic acid, the hair cells have been known to die off. There are also other cells in the scalp that are affected by folic acid deficiency which secretes oil that maintains the health of the scalp.
The benefits of Iodine
- Iodine deficiency leads to decrease in the production of thyroid hormones (Hypothyroidism) and subsequent hair loss
- Since the thyroid is involved in hair production, thyroid diseases have a coinciding issue with dry, brittle hair and corresponding hair loss
The benefits of Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Hair is made of a type of protein called keratin. Protein is thus built from amino acids and requires biotin to facilitate this production.
- Biotin has the potential to activate certain enzymes that help metabolise carbon dioxide, fats, protein, fats, and carbs.
- A deficiency in biotin intake may result in hair that is brittle
- Biotin is water soluble
- Biotin helps the breakdown of proteins into amino acids.
- Harvard University conducted a study suggesting that biotin had the potential to be the most important nutrient for the preservation of hair strength, function and texture.
The Hair by Science Platinum Package offers patients our full range of hair regrowth products, including our Dietary Hair Growth Supplements. Scientifically formulated to replenish the body and increase nutrient levels for hair loss prevention and successful hair regrowth.
Hair Regrowth Treatment for Hair Loss